Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The ABC's of me

Since I don't have anything quilty to post today, I'll consider myself tagged by Jeanne and Siobhan. I'm sure this is more than you ever wanted to know about me.

Accent - None as far as I know. I sound pretty much the way people on TV sound, so I'm judging by that.
Booze - Wine, preferably white, and an occasional Long Island ice tea.
Chore - Dusting our 50+ feet of bookcases
Dog/cat - A totally spoiled 15 year old miniature poodle. I'm allergic to most anything else.
Essential electronics - Absolutely the computer and digital camera tied for first place, with the DVD player a close second.
Favorite perfume - Anything lavender
Gold/silver - Usually always silver, but occasionally gold - I'm a "summer" color-wise
Hometown - I grew up in Seattle, Washington - but we've lived in Vancouver WA for 32 years now
Insomnia - Yes. I find it almost impossible to turn off my mind at night.
Job title - Staff Development Manager for a large credit union. Working here has been my 12th or 13th career. It took a LONG time to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.
Kids - A grown son and daughter, both in their early 30's and both married. Grandchildren soon, we hope.
Living arrangements - Remodeled story-and-a-half home, originally built in 1969, in the suburbs.
Most admirable trait - I'm VERY organized - almost too much so.
Number of countries visited - Only two. Canada many times since it's within easy driving distance, but other than that only Japan. I toured Japan with my high school choir in 1964, singing as many as three concerts a day.
Overnight hospital stays - 3 as an adult. Two babies born and one surgery.
Phobias - Heights, absolutely!
Quote - "You can do anything if you believe you can do it." My mother, one of the wisest people I've ever known. She had many quotes I remember to this day, but this is the most important.
Religion - Raised Methodist, with a current belief system coming from several different religions
Siblings - An older brother and younger sister, both deceased
Time you usually wake - 5:00 am
Unusual talent - Using only a pencil and paper, I can compute the square root of any number.
Vegetable I refuse to eat - I'll try most anything, but would rather not each brussel sprouts. Love most of the "weird" vegetables.
Worst habit - I talk too loudly. I was raised before microphones were prevalent. The teacher would stand at the back of the auditorium and shout "I can't hear you" so I learned to project my voice really well. Now it's just the way I talk - I can't talk softly to save my life.
X-rays - Like Jeanne, more than I can count including lots of mammos
Yummy foods I make - Desserts, particularly double crust fruit pies and cakes, and homemade cinnamon rolls.
Zodiac - Taurus

************
Gratitudes:

1. Lunch with a dear friend
2. Hot and sour soup
3. Electricity and indoor plumbing - read Pam's blog to see why
4. Comfortable sandals
5. Business casual dress at work in the summer

************

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many feet of bookcases!! I am so jealous...even if they have to be dusted.

thanks for sharing your ABC's.
Siobhan

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, is computing the square root with pencil and paper really a talent??? :) I might classify that as an oddity!!! :)

Anonymous said...

{{A big hug}} It seems that we are rather similar in many ways!

Ha, no I'm not an Angels fan really, it's just that they're right down the road -- our homies :) We can see the fireworks at the stadium from our yard.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

what a fun meme...and it's nice that blogger is allowing comments now-was glad to read you did the quilty anti-stress thing! very good thinking...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great to know more about you! I've set my blog to receive e-mails so feel free to drop a line or two. And, thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you, Patti, LOL.

I may do this later tonight just because not much quilty stuff going on here today except for the mundane stuff so far.

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear about you!

It's fun to see how everyone's different and the same. (I love brussels sprouts.) lol.

Anonymous said...

Nice to get to know you...

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti - tried to reply to your e-mail but have not been successful. I'm working on making some changes to my blog, etc. I'm sorry I haven't responded!