Sunday, September 24, 2006

Customer quilt finished


And it's the last one I have here. Not sure whether I should now try to do one of my own or not. Seems like every time I get the last customer quilt done I get in another couple within a week. Guess I shouldn't complain, as they help me make the machine payments.

I forgot all about showing you my newest pincushion - I guess because I don't use it. It sits in the window of my sewing room. I posted a picture of it back in January or February but I'm sure many of you weren't reading my blog back then. This is a "make do". Our foremothers in the 18th and 19th centuries made something new out of things that were broken because they were too precious to throw away. This is made from a candlestick. The fabrics are silks such as would have been used for clothing in the early 1800's. I made this in the early 19th century medallion class that I'm taking. I finally found a center that really grabbed me, thanks to the museum pictures posted by Mismatched Quilter. I'd not started my quilt because I was waiting for inspiration for the center. Thanks Katie - I'm ready to start now! Good thing as we've already had six of our 11 class sessions!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh - that is a nice quilt.

I am looking forward to seeing your quilt once you've got it started. I am still quite jealous and wish I could take that class as well!!

Anonymous said...

great pincushion patti...love the one below as well! i say load your own quilt! GO FOR IT!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, love all your various pincushions..*VBS* It's such fun to be a "make it" girl..*VBS*
I remember the McCall's Needlecraft magazines well. I'm sure it probably was the 60's. I was knitting more than anything but clothes sewing then, and would have kept them for the patterns. Had them for years and years, but finally let them go. I don't think a single one remains. But I've got plenty of other "stuff".
Do you remember a magazine that Betty Crocker put out in the late 1970's call "Sphere"? Those were pretty neat also. I think I still have one of them, tucked in with my quilting magazines.

My scrap mania is from a QNS..years and years ago.
If you ever need the lay out in terms of L/D or M/D let me know. It's laid out like 9 patch blocks, and when you set them together you get the light dark thing going. Hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

Fun pincushion! I love the ones with the heaveier base! I lOVE the glass base on this one! I need to find some like that to make more! Not so tall, and nice and heavy.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a pin cusion!! I love the link to Katie's that is a great center medallion!

Anonymous said...

Great pincushions! I was trying to think of what the eggplant reminded me of, and finally figured out that it was the characters in 'Veggie Tales' :)

Anonymous said...

love the pincushions you have shown us especially the eggplant one. It's so cute.

Anonymous said...

All of your pincushions are adorable, Patti! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Jan Patek quilts....especially the one with the Blossoms and Berries block!