Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A short, quick post

I'm really tired this morning because I had so much trouble going to sleep last night. Our son and daughter-in-law came up to show us the latest ultrasound, and tell us they are having a girl. I'm really thrilled - I wanted so much for this baby to be a girl. That means a granddaughter next February and a grandson sometime next year when the adoption is complete. I'm sure my husband is thrilled but he never shows any emotion - other the other hand I'm just floating on cloud 9!

Finally got all the summer decorations put away yesterday afternoon. The cleaning folks come today so I'll start putting out fall stuff after work today. I go all out for fall - I have more fall stuff than any other season except for Christmas. I've put up pictures of the two fall quilts I've finished. The first is an old Country Threads pattern. The second is a class sample for a Precision Piecing class that I used to teach in the early 1990's at Daisy Kingdom. I love this quilt. The border fabric is a copy of an early reproduction print - it was the "theme" fabric that I chose all the other colors from. It's now on the back of the couch in the living room.

************
Gratitudes:

1. Healthy mom and granddaughter to come.
2. Time with family
3. Ultrasound
4. I won Phase 10 dice - I hardly ever win any games!
5. Good books to read

************

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

A granddaughter and grandson!!! What more could a grandma want? Congratulations to you and yours, Patti.

Anonymous said...

I just love those turkeys! I've never seen a pattern like them. Might have to try them out!!

Anonymous said...

I believe you are very thrilled now. And planning a lot of baby quilts.
What a great idea to have quilts for every season. I have plenty for christmas but not the autumn, and that is my favorite season. I love the autumn with all its colours. And your quilts are soooo beautiful. I plan to join Quilt for an hour with the team harvest leaves when it starts okt 1st.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby news!
Those turkeys are super!
Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Lovely quilts. Have fun decorating & making girly baby quilts!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this Country Threads patterns, of course it has turkeys on it! Your sampler is gorgeous also, all my favorite colors are in it!
Congratulations on both the baby girl and boy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the babies -- what fun. The quilts look great. The sampler seems just right for bundling up on the couch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, exciting grandbaby news--one of each!!! Love both of those quilts. You are ready for fall.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your grandbabies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the coming grandbabies :-)
Your fall quilts looks very good !

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the babies in waiting. You;ve got so much to look forward to. I love the turkeys on your quilts.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby gilr! We finally got a girl after 18 years of all boys! My neice had a girl about 10 months ago. Love both quilts! I also have lots of stuff for fall with most for Halloween, but I do have Thanksgiving stuff and I like to put it out even if it's only for about 3 weeks.

That reminds me that I have to start cleaning and pulling out Halloween stuff next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your fall decorating!

I had a special 3-D ultrasound for my son - for a family birth defect - and even though I wasn't sure I wanted to know - well, if I could see the eyelids and the little lips - well, I could see that he was a boy too - with no birth defect to plan for! But - be forewarned - sometimes a "girl" can turn out to be a boy, although a boy is always a boy!!! In either case, congratulations on the arrival of TWO grandchildren in the near future! How FUN!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Oh Patti how very exciting...a grandson and grandaughter...who could ask for anything more. Even though we don't get Fall here in Florida, I decorate for it and just love it!

Anonymous said...

congratulations to the entire family!

I've made that same Country Threads wallhanging some time back and messed up the direction the pumpkin block was to go so I had to make some modifications---naturally I noticed this AFTER I had already done the applique. Also one less fewer apples I think.
I'll post it once I find the picture.

Love the sampler one!

Anonymous said...

Patti, what's the name of the first quilt? I had that pattern at one time, but I've lost it. I never did get to make it, and I'd love to see if I could find the pattern somewhere.

Beautiful work--you're inspiring me! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Grandma. What wonderful news. I love your turkets and pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

I like both fall quilts. I also have more fall quilts than any other but that's OK because most of them are quilts I can use year around. My living room has a beige/gold color scheme and fall colors look really good with my furniture/rugs/walls etc.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your forthcoming grandmotherhood! I am sure your husband would be pleased as punch on the inside!

Lovely quilts - love the turkeys :)

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats Grandma! Now how fun will that be! I LOVE those turkeys in the country threads quilt! And your other one, the colors are to die for! I love fall too!