Monday, April 9, 2007

Weekend sewing






As I said in my last post, I didn't get much sewing done this weekend. I will show you what I did accomplish - not much but still very satisfying.

From top to bottom:

First finished mid-century album block
Last Heirloom Stitches block - house appliqué is almost finished
Pieced Pine - not the best picture but gives you the idea
Mystery Block - not the best picture either - I think my camera setting was wrong
Quilt center - all but the final appliqué block

I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Easter yesterday. I cooked dinner for Rick and Rebecca and we watched the DVD of their new son. They fly to Guatemala on Wednesday for their first and only visit with him. The next 4-7 months will be long for all of us. I wish I could show you a picture of him - he is so cute! - but we aren't allowed to post pictures of him on the Internet until they bring him home and he's really theirs.

11 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Wow - this adoption process is really something. I hope their trip goes well - so cool that we have such great technology now with the DVD - and p.s. I love your heirlook blocks

Darlene said...

As Rick and Rebecca start their journey to meet their son, I'm sure they will be traveling with a very happy heart. I wish them safe travels and a joyous meeting!

I love all the sewing you've been doing, Patty.

Libby said...

Here's to hoping the time flies by quickly and you have that little fella in your arms soon.

Judy said...

I can understand not wanting his picture on the web. Hope the red tape gets through quickly and he's home for good soon!

The projects are coming along very well!

Melanie said...

You have so much to look forward to...maybe quilting will pass the time..

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love that pieced pine tree! Everything looks wonderful. Oh is it going to be hard for you for the next 7 months!

Leslie said...

Patti, do you trim away behind the applique' on a block like the Mid Century album block? I can't decide if I want to trim away behind my Hawaiian applique motifs or not? :D

Maria said...

Absolutely superb, I love them all. Wish Rebeca and Rick all good.

Greenmare said...

Great blocks, and I love the tree one!
Best wishes for the new little one.

Wendy said...

The blocks are wonderful. I little over whelming for me I must say.
Best wishes for the little one.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh wow Patti - that is some dedicated and serious applique!