Friday, November 16, 2007

Once I was allowed to sew again . . .

I really went to town! I didn't want to waste a single minute of my sewing time. I even got to do some machine quilting - the first time I've touched the longarm since I fell that fateful night in September. Here is what I've been up to . . .

Laurel Wreath block for my mid-century album quilt

Rose Tree block for the mid-century album quilt


Fireworks Quilt completed



Close-up of quilting


Latest string quilt for Hotel Hope - quilted, bound and labeled

Tomorrow I hope to quilt the other two string quilts for Hotel Hope. All of them are due at the guild meeting on December 6th, as a representative from Hotel Hope will be there to receive the 16 quilts.

I also have to get working on making gifts for my board. Traditionally the outgoing president makes a pin cushion or something similar for every officer and committee chair on her board. I've chosen what I'm going to make - now I just need to get started. Installation of new officers also happens on December 6th, so I must have the gifts completed by then. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!



5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Back with a vengeance! I love that fireworks quilt - it's beautiful! The string quilt turned out great too. I love really scrappy quilts like that.

Thimbleanna said...

Great applique! And I love the fireworks quilt -- did you quilt that on your longarm?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh everything is wonderful. Now don't over do it and end up needing more rest! I love the fireworks quilt!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous...but impossible to surpass that precious new grandson of yours. When Joseph arrives, the stars will come out, the fireworks go off, ribbons and strings will hang from everywhere in welcome and celebration. I am so happy for all of you...not only will that truly be spectacular...but it will bind off the joy you already have with your precious grandaughter. Then, it will all feel complete and those healing arms of yours can be doubly put to good use, Grandma!

julieQ said...

Found your album blocks! Knew I could if I looked long enough...and got to enjoy all of your blog to boot!!

:)