Sunday, February 3, 2008

Stash report

Sunday is stash report day - for once I'm meeting the date Judy has set us LOL!

It's been a good week as far as purchases go - there were none. As far as busting stash - the report isn't so good. I didn't bust any that I didn't mention on Wednesday. Until yesterday afternoon I was still piecing flannel into 20" squares for camping quilt backs. Since then I've been prewashing, pressing and sorting the fabric purchases - as well as fabric gifts - from the last six months or so. I'm still doing that this morning. Once I'm finished with that I must get upstairs and start quilting R&R's camping quilt, as I have another top to quilt with a midweek deadline.One thing I did figure out, however, was a much better estimate of how much flannel I busted last week. Now that it's in 20" squares plus long strips to enlarge the back to the needed size the match was pretty easy. Looks like the 15 yards that I guessed in my Wednesday report was WAY under. I'm happy to say that I actually busted over 24 yards - a much better number! I have a total of 66 20" squares plus the extra strips, which should back at least three and possibly four more quilts. And it's so nice to have all those flannels out of my stash! I'm storing the squares on hangers in the sewing room closet for now. That keeps them nice and smooth, ready to sew together into quilt backs with no more pressing.

************
Gratitudes:
1. TV shows on DVD
2. A dry day for Fred's golf game
3. Tiny snowdrops blooming along our front walk
4. Daffodils shooting up through the soil
5. Healthy Choice paninis - yum!

4 comments:

mereth said...

You've been so busy, obviously retirement is suiting you. Hope you get lots more done, and congrats on using all that flannel, what a great effort!

Libby said...

A very wonderful idea to have pieces all prepared to stitch up a back . . . oh I must just try a little harder to become organized *s*

Finn said...

Hi Patti, great job on getting that flannel all cut up into useful pieces and sizes...and a great idea to boot!
I don't think I have quite as much as you cut up, but still....way too much!
Love the way you used the plastic tackle boxes, I'll have to keep my eyes open for something like that.
And the crumb chaos dolly quilt is just precious...what fun! And what OLD scraps some of those are...LOL
Big hugs for happy retirement days. Finn

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your flannel. So if I go camping - can I take a camping quilt??