Friday, July 18, 2008

Thank you Lily!

I've been keeping up with my blog reading pretty well this week I'm happy to say. I hate reading everyone's news long after the fact. Imagine my surprise when I read the new post on block-a-day to learn that Lily had nominated me for two awards! If you've never visited Lily's blog I suggest you do. Lily is extremely creative, writes delightfully, and is an all-around sweetheart. I'm very honored that she thinks I deserve these awards.

The Arte y Pico award is given for creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributions to the blogging community, no matter what language. Here is the link to where this award originated Arte Y Pico.

I'm to post an acceptance speech worthy of the Academy Awards for receiving the Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 award. As far as I can see the rules don't say what the award is for - makes it a bit more challenging.

Well, here goes - "I'd like to thank my mother for teaching me to use a needle and thread when I was five, my first quilting teacher whose name I can't remember (the class was in 1975), all the pattern and fabric designers whose talent provides us with so many wonderful things for making quilts, and lastly - but most important - my husband, who gives me no grief at all about my huge stash and the fact that sometimes we have to eat out because I've been sewing all day. And I can't forget you blog readers - without you this most likely would be just one more failed attempt at keeping a journal. The interaction with quilters all over the world is especially important to me."

As always, I can't begin to narrow down my choices of blogs to receive these awards. I have 186 feeds listed in bloglines, and everyone one is a favorite for one reason or another. So if you'd like grab the award and consider it to be awarded to you by me.

************
Gratitudes:
1. An almost-finished customer quilt on Gandalf.
2. Another Mariners win - now that we have both a new GM and manager
3. Pretty toes and smooth heels thanks to a relaxing pedicure
4. 100 calorie packages of so many things - every time I go to the store there are more to choose from

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome Patti! I'm awfully glad your mum gave you that needle and thread :-)

Karen (Misiz C) said...

Congrats on your awards! Well deserved!

SO...is that what it's gonna take for my Padres to start winning... a new manager AND GM? They've started off the 2nd half with 2 losses. Sigh.

Tine said...

Congratulations on your awards.
....and I like the idea of listing gratitudes!