Friday, October 3, 2008

Looking back at the past week

Every day I've promised myself I'd find time to post, and by bedtime each day I realized that it hadn't happened. I have four folders of pictures to put into posts that are waiting to be written. I've just not stopped running so I could do so. Hopefully by the end of today - there, a public commitment - maybe that will make the difference. If so, there will soon be a flurry of writing after a week of drought.

I will say this for now - the last two days I've not being doing any of the things I should be doing. Instead I've been working madly on this Halloween quilt. As I looked at the blocks on my design wall I started to get some ideas. So of course I had to try couple of them. Since then it's been "I'll just do this much more, and then I'll put this aside". I think I've told myself that at least a dozen times the past two days. Hasn't happened yet!

So what do you think? This certainly shows how a bunch of dark, uncolorful blocks can be brought to life by the right setting. I'm sure having a lot of fun with this! I'll have to make a couple more small blocks to balance the tombstones on the bottom - otherwise it's just a matter of making more checkerboard sashings and then adding the last border.

************
Gratitudes:
1. Several days of marvelous fall weather before our rain arrived yesterday.
2. Lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables making a beautiful addition to our meals

5 comments:

swooze said...

It is adorable. I can't wait to see it done!

Mad about Craft said...

It's going to be really lovely!

Kim W said...

I like the quilt a lot!
Kim W.

Julie in the Barn said...

It is really looking good. Those checkerboard sashings are the perfect touch. I've been doing some harvesty/fallish stuff and neglecting the dustbunnies in the corners. Wish I had something as far along as you have to show for my time!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I'd say - keep working away at it until it is finished! This is too cute to put back away in a drawer for a few more years!!! Keep going while you are on fire! The checkerboard really does brighten it up without overwhelming it.
Cheers!
Evelyn