Saturday, December 6, 2008

An evening with friends - just the best!

Our Tangled Threads quilting group has been together for almost 23 years, and it's been my great privilege to be part of this group for over 21 of those years. Over the years a few members have moved away, and others have joined to take their places. We are each other's best friends. I can't imagine my life without these wonderful ladies. We meet once a week to visit and stitch - any week without that time together seems empty. For nearly ten years now we've gathered in early December to celebrate a holiday dinner together. The first few years Lanny and Kim cooked their signature prime rib and twice baked potatoes. These days - with most of us attending weekly weight watcher meetings - we've gone healthier - as long as one doesn't count all the melted butter and bread! The menu has revolved around Dungeness crab - in my mind the tastiest crab of all - from our own Pacific northwest. In spite of the solemn faces - I guess everyone was too hungry to smile! - we had a marvelous evening together.

My Christmas wish for all my friends in Blogland is that you can experience the blessings and joy of belonging to such a wonderful group of women.

1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate Christmas. Thanks for the Christmas wish!