Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stash report

I neglected to post a stash report last week - I was so busy making quilt backs that I just forgot. I used a whole bunch of fabric - probably at least 6-8 yards making the two quilt backs. I used lots more - or will use lots more very soon - to make "new fabric" for quilt backs. I eliminated an entire stack in my cabinet and part of another stack. The remaining "new backing fabric" will partially fill up the space, but I should have any empty spot with now stack at all - hooray!

On the other hand, I seem to be able to go only so long without bringing new fabric into the house. And the sales have been so great the past week or so! I've not bought any primitive fabrics for at least a couple years as I've been focused on 19th century reproductions. I just couldn't pass up these bargains from Fat Quarter Shop. Jelly rolls at half price and layer cakes at a great discount. So i bought 2 Jelly Rolls and three Layer Cakes of Linda Brannock's latest line - Miss Jump's Scrapbag. I bought other stuff too - but since it's not yet arrived I'm not counting it!

So - a net reduction - for this week at least!

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I am so jealous! I"ve wanted a jelly roll of that! Hmmm, maybe I"ll check the quilt store out here at Purdue!

sewkalico said...

I see lots of roses in your old fabrics ;-) Those were the days, when roses and florals were in fashion, I guess. Amazing the choice of fabric we have now which is why it's no surprise that we are all addicts!!
I also love to piece a back - it makes a quilt really quilty!