Saturday, January 31, 2009

February Goals


I've listed my February goals on my sidebar. As you can see they are - at least I think they are - much more realistic than my January goals. I really do hope to accomplish all of these during the month. I moved a few of the January goals back into the future for now as there are other things I feel I must accomplish this month.

The Circle Lord goal is of prime importance as I have a customer quilt that must be started by the end of the month on which the customer has requested Baptist Fans. It's a huge quilt that will completely fill my 12' table as it measures 120" wide. She told me she was in no hurry, but as I've already had the quilt a couple months and she insisted on giving me a down payment I feel it's time I got busy. I've not quilted anything for at least a couple months, so I'm doing a few of my own to help me "reacquire" skills that have gone stale. So I guess much of the month will be spent upstairs with Gandalf.

There are a few other things I hope to accomplish also that I'm not going to list. If I do get to them then that will be just "icing on the cake". (I'm not anything if I'm not full of trite sayings!)

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Hi Patti
Today I found your blog for the second time... I had it in my favourites and so I discovered it again! The first time (ages ago) I found your blog so inspiring, and it is no different the second time. I also discovered today that you are also part of Kris and May's challenge which I am also a part of! Small world! The thing that brought me to your blog the first time was the Crumb Chaos tutorial which really inspires me to try and reduce my bits and pieces of fabric. Yesterday I had my first go at crazy patchwork which I'm yet to post about, but it will be a good way to reduce all my scraps of non-quilting material if I keep it up. I love the idea of not having to get the rulers and cutter out and just going for it without any preparation!

canquilt said...

It still seems like a bit to accomplish. The days just seem to fly by now. Good luck. We accomplish a lot during the month, it just doesn't feel like it because we have so many projects going at the same time. Its more interesting that way???

Richelle said...

You will love using your circle lord for the baptist fans, so easy. Have fun!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Congratulations on your January Completions! Yeah..but can you believe that it is already February? You completed more projects than I did.

I can't wait to see all of your completed Feb projects!

Carrie P. said...

Two postage stamps to finish. Wow!
Start with the pillow cases. They will be done in a flash.

Gari in AL said...

Your pared down to do list is way more than mine, and I was feeling overwhelmed. I guess I will just put my nose to the grindstone and get busy: stop whineing. lol

Lynda said...

Goals are good - how else do we move forward?- but keep them small. Your February goals seem achievable to me.