Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's a finished top!

Nothing like a quick little mini-quilt to provide a feeling of satisfied accomplishment. Kathie sent me this quilt kit a little before Christmas, and I tucked it away for my first project of 2009. I added a few 3 1/2" light squares from my own stash so to make it one row larger and thus square. It will become a little table mat for the larger end table in our living room. Tonight I will layer it for hand quilting, and will take it to Tangled Threads on Tuesday. I hope to have it done by the end of the week.

This is the only sewing I've had time to do since I finished the double four patch top. So much for my plans of quilting a few charity quilts this week! I still have to put together the backing for that four patch top also - that will be done by the end of this evening!

5 comments:

Julie said...

That is a really cute little quilt!

Juliann in WA said...

Aren't these fun little quilts to make? You might not be sewing but you sure have been busy. And guess what? It is snowing here again! ARRGGGHH! They say we are supposed to get rain after 9pm so let's hope so.

Barb said...

wow...love it!!!

doni said...

Ooooo - plaids. I love it! I'm stuck at my daughter's babysitting and cannot imagine why I didn't bring quilting with me!!! Duh! So I'm surfing the ring - getting even MORE ideas!

Warm winter wishes!

doni @ Oregon Coast

Heather said...

That is so cute, I think it'll be great on a table. The plaids look nice.