Wednesday, March 18, 2009

February installment completed

Today I finished the second month addition to "Holiday Inn". It's been quite awhile since I worked with pieces this small - I love it! The half-square triangle squares finish at 1". The piece now measures 19 1/2" square. Not sure why the one edge looks crooked - I assure you it is straight.

I'm eager to work on March's segment - two plain borders separated by an hour glass border - so I can be caught up by the next meeting on April 11th. I have a couple other things to do first - I'll talk about them tomorrow.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see what else you do with it. I love Jo Morton's designs...was this a kit of fabrics, or your choices? I really like the toile with the rest of it!

antique quilter said...

LOve your fabric choices for this...the inner border cut like that is perfect!!!!
that toile is my favorite, love those birds.
great progress :)
Kathie

Carol said...

I love it too!

Crispy said...

Very pretty quilt, I love the toile looking fabric you used in the background...very appropriate for the old time feeling of the block.

Crispy

tich said...

The quilt so far is wonderful. Looking forward to the next installment.
tich

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It is turning out lovely, and I love that little blue berry in the applique.

Teresa said...

The applique is so pretty and set off perfectly with the borders. By the way...the piecing looks like an excellent job - wtg.

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful project! The applique is beautiful--I hope you WILL share your technique! Did you use Thangles for the half-square triangles? It is fun to see the progress you are making!

Janet said...

Your quilt looks lovely so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the next installment.