Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weight loss journey report

After three weeks of doing badly - and seeing the scale rise pound after pound higher - I'm back on track. I did really well eating healthy and tracking everything last week, and it showed at Weight Watcher meeting Wednesday morning. 3.2 pounds down! That's half of what I gained the three weeks before. The other 3 pound loss I attribute to not eating much while I was sick, causing a false weight loss, that went away as soon as I started eating again. I did have a considerable splurge at Applebee's Thursday night - a Long Island ice tea, a half rack of baby back ribs, and the bartender's signature "chocolate milk" for dessert. That totaled a LOT of points, but I wrote every one of them down on my tracking sheet. It took almost every one of the extra 35 points I get each week, but it was worth it. And I've ridden 30 minutes a day on the stationary bike during ball games - every day this week! If I can do that every day from now until next meeting I should see another drop in weight next week. So overall I'm happy with the progress.

My current favorite cookbook is "Now and Later", the newest Weight Watchers book available only at WW meetings. If you attend WW I encourage to at least take a look at it. Every recipe makes one dish for today's meal, plus leftovers and a recipe to make something different from them the next night. I've tried a bunch of the recipes and found only one that wasn't a hit.

Total loss as of 4/15 is 32.4 pounds! It's so much fun to walk back into the credit union - I've been retired for 15 months already! - and being told I'm just fading away to nothing!

6 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

A hearty congratulations on your huge loss. It must feel fabulous to have people tell you how thin you look! They say that Now and Later cookbook is one of the best WW ones.

Barb said...

That is awesome

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I've tried lots of the WW recipes and they're all so good! I need to grab the now and later cookbook.

YankeeQuilter said...

That is amazing! You are doing great...I love Cooking Light magazine! I should just cook more of their recipes....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm trying to lose myself and I know it's just not that easy. Onwards and upwards!

Anonymous said...

I got there lots of helpful content and great information. Thanks a lot for your help.
www.just4ubootcamp.com