Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I can access all my fabric!

So all is right in my world.  I found two shelves of tans, whites, off-whites, backgrounds, etc. that I'd completely forgotten were in bins.  Since I started quilting again I kept thinking I had more to choose from than what I could find, but figured I was dreaming.  Turns out I wasn't!



There was no way the 30's fabrics were going to fit on the shelves so I didn't even try.  But now they are all easily accessible instead of buried.  The big blue bin has my wool stash - also easily reached.  My favorite weight yarns are in the drawers and easy to reach.  My current knitting projects are just to the right inside the closet door.  All my fiber is upstairs and in tubs in the corner of the bedroom.




I didn't think I could organize this well for three hobbies, but I did it!  Now it is back to rearranging books.  All my knitting books are on the floor in the computer room, waiting for  me to donate the rest of the romance novels.

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh seeing those pretty 30's fabrics in the baskets makes me want to make a 30's quilt!
good for you getting organized its just so much easier to work in an organized space isn't it?
Kathie

antique quilter said...

oh seeing those pretty 30's fabrics in the baskets makes me want to make a 30's quilt!
good for you getting organized its just so much easier to work in an organized space isn't it?
Kathie

sewkalico said...

Looks great! Like a shop! Pleased go hear the good news about your hand!!

Vicki B said...

Yummy, yummy,yummy - love looking at those shelves of organized fabrics and great use of space! Always great showing my husband photos of quilters fabric - hopefully diffuses the effect my stack (and my purchases) has on my husband -lol