Thursday, May 9, 2013

Another top finished

I'm really loving these Schnibbles quilts.  The top goes together so quickly.  They are a great size for end tables, coffee tables and across the backs of chairs.  The quilting goes quickly too, as they are small.  I love how my "Gentle Art" looks.  I like it so much better than last month's "Hat Trick".  I know what makes the difference - I used fabrics from two instead of one "line", plus threw quite a few pieces from still other lines.


I've learned my lesson - this is just my own personal taste - I find quilts made with only one like of fabric to be too "matchy", with no fabric that stands out from any other fabric.  It is amazing to me how much difference just adding a second line made in this quilt.  So when I shop for charm squares after this I will make sure to pick up at least two or three sets that look good together but aren't the same.

I'm going back to basting tomorrow.  I would like hand quilt and bind this piece before the parade at the end of the month.  I need to also baste the primitive top I'm to have done by the end of the month.  By the end of the weekend I'd like to have the other 6 tops basted also.  At least that is my goal.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

It's just gorgeous! I'm mixing two lines for mine, too!

sewkalico said...

This top looks great. I think single line charm packs are great for some people, but me, I'm far to scrappy to enjoy them on their own ;)

Kigwit said...

It looks really good! I want to make this one too.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your top looks great! I'm loving the monthly Schnibbles too, it's so satisfying to do smaller projects.