Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I knew it wouldn't last

My vague quilting goal worked well for the summer.  Now it is starting to bother me.  A lot.  I've accomplished much in the last three months - started a bunch of new quilts - and have finished nothing.  Now that autumn is "officially here", I'm once again feeling the need for some goals.  I'm missing that marvelous feeling I get every time I finish something.

I'm almost done finishing the first block of "Sweet Memories" to take to the beach.  That's all I'm going to do on that quilt before I leave.  I have five small quilts that are in need of binding in order to have five more finishes.  It is now their time - I hope to have the binding machine stitched on each one so I can finish them at the beach. 

When I get back home in the middle of next week I'll do some serious goal setting.  I'm drawn to making progress on some of my long term projects.  "Civil War Diary" is calling for my attention - when I'm in the sewing room my eyes keep going to the design wall and wondering what the next finished row will look like.

"Progress made on many new and ongoing projects" was fun while it lasted, but now it is time to get back to the business at hand.


3 comments:

antique quilter said...

I can understand how you feel. I like to have finishes too and am drawn on only working on a few quilts at once and then usually one wins out and I finish that one.
this winter I am going to try this though writing down goals to see if it can get me to work on more and of those quilts on that ever growing list of quilts I always wanted to make....
have a great time at the beach
Kathie

Silverthimble said...

This is going to be one fabulous quilt when it is finished!

cityquilter grace said...

you HAD to mention "civil war diary"? sheesh, now i will have to think about it too...lovely blocks and you are way ahead of me...if i weren't garment sewing or hawaiian appliqueing or suddenly spring tying, i might have to join you....LOL