Thursday, October 31, 2013

What's that you say? Knitting? What's that?

Back in February when I got back into blogging action I said I would need to find a way to spread my time over three hobbies.  Here is the post I wrote.

Obviously this has been a dismal failure.  The lure of quilting sucked me in no quickly that I wanted nothing to do with other hobbies.  People who have been following me for some time probably forgot completely that I was going to try to hand spin and knit in addition to quilting.

Last week I attended the Vancouver Handspinners meeting, and my fingers actually remembered what to do!  I spun all afternoon before the meeting so I wouldn't look like an idiot in front of the others.  That is the first time I've touched a spinning project since mid-April!

The retreat I'm attending tomorrow through Sunday is the Fort Vancouver Knitting Guild retreat.  I'm on the retreat committee so I figured I'd better spend at least part of the weekend knitting.  Today I got out my bin of partially finished projects - 11 of them!  I chose two different pairs of socks to work on.  I hope to come home with at least one completed sock.  I picked the two I thought took the least amount of thought - knitting and visiting is a recipe for disaster when knitting a complex pattern.  Here are the two I'm taking:

"Tidelines" by Anne Hanson

"Coquettish Clown" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
Now that wool sock weather is back I feel the need to have some new socks.  It's a good thing that 10 of my 11 unfinished knitting projects are socks!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your socks are lovely. Must be the cooler temps that have us pulling out those unfinished knitting projects. I just pulled out a pair of unfinished socks this week....turning the heel on the second one means I just may have cozy toes by snowfall.

Joanne said...

Ya know when you quit quilting a couple of years ago and caught the knitting bug -- I was baffled. How could any dyed in the wool :-) quilter just stop and move to another hobby. Now -- a day late and a dollar short as always, I've finally caught the knitting bug and my quilting is taking backseat! When you figure out how to keep up with both...let me know!